YWCA YORK IS DEDICATED TO ELIMINATING RACISM, EMPOWERING WOMEN, AND PROMOTING PEACE, JUSTICE, FREEDOM AND DIGNITY FOR ALL.
We are proud to be an anti-racism, gender-inclusive Association where everyone can be a member, an employee or serve on our Board of Directors and Junior Board. YWCA York employs mindfulness practices designed to build resiliency in our staff and those we serve.
YOU can be an active PARTNER and sponsor a YWCA York program or event. Your support helps us strengthen and deepen our mission in York Country! Click here for 2020-21 opportunities.
Our Mission In Action
YWCA York carries on its long tradition of social action and advocacy to advance our mission – and you are a crucial part of this work. Your voice is needed as we advocate for policies that support our mission-critical work in the York community.
- Reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and the Family Violence Prevention & Services Act (FVPSA)
- Advance opportunities to promote and support economic security for survivors of gender-based violence
- Pass the End Racial (and Religious) Profiling Act (ERRPA) and advance other opportunities to end the criminalization of people of color
- Support trauma-informed care for children and families exposed to violence and abuse
- Secure federal funding to support the workforce development, gender-based violence, STEM, child care, and housing work of YWCA York