YWCA YORK IS DEDICATED TO ELIMINATING RACISM, EMPOWERING WOMEN, AND PROMOTING PEACE, JUSTICE, FREEDOM AND DIGNITY FOR ALL.
We are proud to be a gender-inclusive Association where everyone can be a member, an employee or serve on our Board of Directors.
YOU can sponsor YWCA York and be an active partner in delivering our mission in York Country! Click here for 2020-21 opportunities.
Our Mission In Action
YWCA York carries on its long tradition of social action and advocacy to advance our mission – and you are a crucial part of this work. Your voice is needed as we advocate for policies that support our mission-critical work in the York community.
- Reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) and the Family Violence Prevention & Services Act (FVPSA)
- Advance opportunities to promote and support economic security for survivors of gender-based violence
- Pass the End Racial (and Religious) Profiling Act (ERRPA) and advance other opportunities to end the criminalization of people of color
- Support trauma-informed care for children and families exposed to violence and abuse
- Secure federal funding to support the workforce development, gender-based violence, STEM, child care, and housing work of YWCA York