YWCA York is committed to creating and developing sustained leadership opportunities for diverse young women in York County. The purpose of YWCA York’s Junior Board is to foster the participation of young women, up to the age of 35 to support and further the mission of YWCA York.
Junior Board Roles
- Serve as an ambassador for YWCA York’s mission in the community.
- Volunteer for Adopt a Family (holiday season, minimum two hours) and other signature events.
- Volunteer to serve as a member of a YWCA York committee or Junior Board initiative planning team.
- Attend YWCA York signature events and encourage friends, colleagues, and family members to join in.
- Provide ideas for programming and events to YWCA York staff liaison to encourage the involvement and participation of young women in the organization.
- Junior Board members are encouraged to make an annual donation to a program, event, or appeal that speaks to your passion for the organization.
- Attend a Board of Directors meeting based on a rotating schedule.
- Attend 75% of regular meetings which are held at noon on the first Thursday of the month.
Korri Colon, President
Alexa Bejaran, President-Elect
Samantha Ceela, Past President
Samantha Zahm, Secretary
Sarah Pincus Mewhirter