YWCA York operates an Early Learning Center for children ages six weeks to three years old in a creative, nurturing environment, complete with a new outdoor classroom for additional exploration.
Our Early Learning Center has the capacity to serve 246 children. We provide a Creative and Anti-Bias Curriculum as well as breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. Center hours are 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
YWCA York has a 4Star rating from the Keystone STARS program indicating it is of the high quality and offers a “child-friendly atmosphere with teachers that really care!.” YWCA York is nationally accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAECY), an achievement only 8 % of learning centers, nationally, are able to achieve
Weekly Fees:(A $50 registration fee is required for all new enrollees or $75 per family.)
- Infants $181
- Young Toddlers $169
- Older Toddlers $160
- 3 year olds $150
YWCA York’s Learning Center Philosophy
YWCA Learning Centers are designed to encourage each child’s individual emotional, social, intellectual, creative, cultural and physical development in a safe, nurturing environment that actively promotes acceptance.
We seek to build relationships with children and families and encourage reflection in our teachers. The curriculum is designed to meet the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of the child with learning experiences in the following areas:
- Anti-Bias Education approach which encourages children to appreciate and celebrate each other’s culture and ideas.
- Processing Skills. (Questioning, exploring, observing, communicating, manipulating, etc.)
- Language Development (Listening, speaking, reading, and writing readiness.)
- Mathematics and Sciences. (Matching, copying, sorting, classifying, sequencing, technology and engineering concepts, etc.)
- Social and Emotional Development (Conflict resolution, pro-social behavior, positive peer interactions)
- Physical Development. (Large and small motor development)
- Creative Expression. (Creative dramatics, storytelling, music, art, etc.)
For more information, call 717-845-2631.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education established the Pre-K Counts program to make quality pre-kindergarten opportunities available to children and families across the commonwealth. YWCA York has been fortunate to participate in this wonderful program from the beginning.
In 2018 YWCA York received additional funding to support a total of 145 full time Pre-K counts children.
Pre-K Counts Program at 320 E. Market Street:
- Ages: 3-5, must be 3 by August 30.
- Hours: 9:00AM-2:00PM, Monday through Friday
- Teachers: hold PA State teachers certification for PK-Grade 4.
- Accreditations and Certifications: NAEYC Accredited, PA Dept of Education Certified, Star 4-PA Keystone Star rated
- Food Provided: Meals and snack
Before and After care available 6:30AM until 6:00PM. See SACC section for fee information. Scholarships and subsidies may cover part or all of the SACC program.
YWCA York supports families in York County through our SAC (School Age Care) program which provides before-school and/or after-school care for your children in Kindergarten through 6th grade, as well as, a full-day program for school-age students when school is out of session.
Children need structured, educational programs that promote positive development and learning. A family gains peace of mind when children are in secure and safe before and after school programs. YWCA York partners with families, schools and our program staff to bring the highest quality programming to the children we serve.
At our SAC sites, we strive to create an environment where students can get what they need before-school and/or after school: fun and active outdoor play, creative arts, child-directed projects, support with homework, opportunities to practice emerging pro-social and leadership skills, and a safe place to build friendships and solid relationships with adults.
We provide excellent school age programs at locations in the following districts:
Northeastern School District
Serving: Conewago Elementary, Orendorf Elementary, Shallow Brook Elementary, and Spring Forge Elementary schools
York City School District
Serving: Davis Elementary, Devers Elementary, Ferguson Elementary, Goode Elementary, Jackson Elementary, and McKinley Elementary schools
Charter and Private Schools
Serving: Lincoln Charter School, Logos Academy, St. Patrick Catholic School, and the York Academy Regional Charter School
- Hours: Monday – Friday from 6:30AM to 6:00PM
- Food: Breakfast and snacks
- Fees: Registration is $50. Before AND After-School program is $110/week. Before Or After-school program is $85/week.
Contact for all SAC Programs: Aurielle Mosley at 845-2631 ext 135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
YWCA York offers an easy and secure way to pay for your childcare through the link below. You will need to set up an account first, if you have not done so already. If you need more assistance or have any questions, please call 717-845-2631.