- Early Learning Center
- Pre-K Counts
- Before and After School
- Waiting Lists
- Make A Payment
- Learning Center at York Suburban Information
- Learning Center at York Suburban Inquiry Form
Our early learning center is open and following the COVID-10 policies of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Center for Disease Control. New applications are being accepted.
YWCA York operates an Early Learning Center for children ages six weeks to three years old in a creative, nurturing environment, complete with a new outdoor classroom for additional exploration. Our Early Learning Center has the capacity to serve 246 children. We provide a Creative and Anti-Bias Curriculum as well as breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack. Center hours are 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
YWCA York has a 4Star rating from the Keystone STARS program indicating it is of the high quality and offers a “child-friendly atmosphere with teachers that really care!” YWCA York is nationally accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAECY), an achievement only 8 % of learning centers, nationally, are able to achieve
Weekly Fees:(A $50 registration fee is required for all new enrollees or $75 per family.)
- Infants $250
- Young Toddlers $230
- Older Toddlers $220
- 3 Year-Olds $190
YWCA York’s Learning Center Philosophy
YWCA Learning Centers are designed to encourage each child’s individual emotional, social, intellectual, creative, cultural and physical development in a safe, nurturing environment that actively promotes acceptance.
We seek to build relationships with children and families and encourage reflection in our teachers. The curriculum is designed to meet the physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs of the child with learning experiences in the following areas:
- Anti-Bias Education approach which encourages children to appreciate and celebrate each other’s culture and ideas.
- Processing Skills. (Questioning, exploring, observing, communicating, manipulating, etc.)
- Language Development (Listening, speaking, reading, and writing readiness.)
- Mathematics and Sciences. (Matching, copying, sorting, classifying, sequencing, technology and engineering concepts, etc.)
- Social and Emotional Development (Conflict resolution, pro-social behavior, positive peer interactions)
- Physical Development. (Large and small motor development)
- Creative Expression. (Creative dramatics, storytelling, music, art, etc.)
Contact for Early Learning Center Program: Peter Oates at 717-845-2631, ext 4159 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Pre-K Counts program is open and following the COVID-10 policies of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the Center for Disease Control.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education established the Pre-K Counts program to make quality pre-kindergarten opportunities available to children and families across the commonwealth. YWCA York has been fortunate to participate in this wonderful program from the beginning. YWCA York’s program enrolls a total of 145 full time Pre-K counts children.
Pre-K Counts Program at 320 E. Market Street:
- Ages: 3-5, must be 3 by August 30.
- Hours: 9:00AM-2:00PM, Monday through Friday
- Teachers: hold PA State teachers certification for PK-Grade 4.
- Accreditations and Certifications: NAEYC Accredited, PA Dept of Education Certified, Star 4-PA Keystone Star rated
- Food Provided: Meals and snack
- Cost: $130 (Wrap), $190 (Full Pay)
Before and After care (wrap-around care) available 6:30AM until 6:00PM. Scholarships and subsidies may cover part or all of the wrap around care program.
Contact for Pre-K Counts Program: Jim Johnston at 717-845-2631, ext 4150 or email email@example.com.
YWCA York supports families in York County through our SAC (School Age Care) program. WE ARE CHANGING OUR PROGRAM to meet the requirements of the school districts we serve as we navigate the impact of COVID 19. All programs follow the CDC health guidelines.
York City Schools
Serving: ALL K-8 schools in York City School District; plus, Logos Academy and York Academy
On-site, full day program is available for children in grades K-6 that includes learning support for those participating in virtual classes from 8AM to 3:30PM. Children must have their own computers or tablet devices. Program Location: YWCA York, 320 East Market St, York
Lincoln Charter School
On Site Before and After SAC provided at 559 W King St, York. Includes days off, early dismissals and delays.
Northeastern School District
Serving: Conewago Elementary, Orendorf Elementary, Shallow Brook Elementary, and Spring Forge Elementary schools. On site care for all schools held at Spring Forge and Conewago.
$126 per week for full time/full day care 6:30AM to 6:00PM with no hour limit Includes care on days off, early dismissal and delays
Snack and lunch provided
$85 (Before Care Only)or $100 (After Care Only) per week. Before and after school care available starting at 6:30AM and ending at 6:00PM.
Breakfast and snack provided
For all School Age Care programming contact Aurielle Mosley at 717-845-2631, ext 4135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to get your child(ren) on the waiting list for one or more of our programs, click the appropriate link below to fill out the correct form.
Early Learning Center: Click Here
Pre-K Counts: Click Here
Before and After School: Click Here
Learning Center at York Suburban: Click Here
YWCA York offers an easy and secure way to pay for your childcare through the link below. You will need to set up an account first, if you have not done so already. If you need more assistance or have any questions, please call 717-845-2631.
YWCA York’s Learning Center at York Suburban School District
Begins August 2021
Full Day, Year Around Care
- Full-Day: $180/week
Before and/or After School Care
- Before and After School Care: $126/week
- Before Care Only (AM): $100/week
- After Care Only (PM) : $110/week
Transportation provided from East York and Indian Rock to School Age Care program at Yorkshire and Valley View.
- Pre-Kindergarten Through 6th Grade
- Project Approach and Creative Curriculum
- Nutritious Snacks
- Care During Days Off & Summer
717-845-2631 ext. 4119
If you would like to get your child(ren) on the waiting list for the Early Learning Center at York Suburban programs, click the link below to fill out the inquiry form.
Learning Center at York Suburban: Click Here