Thursday, October 14
History of Walk A Mile
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes asks participants to literally walk in high-heeled shoes. It’s not easy walking in these shoes, but it’s fun and it gets the community talking about something that’s really difficult to talk about: to raise awareness about the serious causes, effects, and remediations of gender based violence. October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Join us as we commit to ending gender violence. All proceeds benefit YWCA York, York County’s provider of comprehensive services to victims of violence. Sister walkers & children welcome! This is a charity event, therefore, no refunds will be given.
4:30PM: Registration Opens
4:30-5:30PM: Ballpark Food Served
5:45PM: Opening Ceremony Begins
6:00PM: Walk Begins
The walking route is 2 laps around PeoplesBank Park concourse and baseball field!
How #YorkWAM2021 Works:
- Register yourself or create a team!
- Set-up your fundraising page.
- Ask your friends, family, neighbors, or co-workers to support our mission by contributing your page.
- Join us at the ballpark with your heels to WALK THE WALK as our community comes together to honor Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Participants receive a meal/drink with their registration. Additional concession food/drinks will be available for purchase. Friends and family are welcome.
- Download your WHY I WALK poster here.
Click here to register!
Thank you to our presenting sponsors: