In 1995, YWCA York created the Dorrie Leader Advocacy Award to recognize women advocates for social issues. The award honors YWCA York volunteer achievement, the support for our advocacy agenda, and YWCA York’s mission of peace, justice, and dignity for all people.
We are accepting nominations for the 2020 award through 5:00PM on February 18th. Click here for the details and to download the application: Dorrie Leader Advocacy Award 2020
Nominees shall meet all of the required criteria to be advanced to YWCA York’s Advocacy Committee for consideration. The criteria are as follows:
- Nominee lives or works in York County
- Nominee supports advocacy in one or more of YWCA York’s focus areas
- Racial Justice & Civil Rights
- Empowerment and Economic Advancement for Women
- Health & Safety for Women
- Nominee actively engages in the community through volunteerism.
- Nominee shall support and promote YWCA York’s mission of eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
- Nominee shall not be employed by YWCA York.