Are You In An Abusive Relationship?
Assess your relationship by answering the following questions:
1. Do you find yourself apologizing for your partner’s behavior?
2. Have you been wrongly and repeatedly accused of flirting or having sex with others?
3. Are you forced to justify everything you do, every place you go and every person you see to avoid his/her temper?
4. Have you been afraid to say no?
5. Does your partner text or call you constantly wanting to know where you are, who you’re with and what you’re doing?
6. Have you become secretive, ashamed or hostile to your family because of this relationship?
7. Are you unable to go out, get a job or go to school without his/her permission?
8. Does your partner control the finances and limit your access to money?
9. Has your partner ever threatened to harm family members or your pets?
10. Have you been hit, kicked, shoved or had things thrown at you?
11. Are you afraid to disagree with your partner?
12. Does your partner put you down by name-calling and humiliation?
13. Does your partner say it’s your fault, promise it won’t happen again, but then it does?
If you answered yes to one or more of the above questions, please take it seriously. You are not to blame and you are not alone. To speak to an advocate, right now please call ACCESS-York at 717-846-5400 or 1-800-262-8444. ACCESS York can provide options and help you plan for your safety.
Rights of A Healthy Relationship