Become part of the national movement for women, girls and communities by supporting YWCA York.
With your support, we are able to meet the growing need to empower women and eliminate racism in our community. Your support helps to cover the cost of our essential programs and services that make a difference in the lives of thousands of York area women and their families.
There are many ways to give:
There are so many ways to donate to YWCA York and we know each individual, corporation and family has specific questions that need answered. We can walk you through the process step by step.
Please email Jean Treuthart, CEO, at email@example.com or call her at 717-845-2631 ext 127 to learn more about your options for supporting the work we do.
- In-kind donations - You can provide much needed goods, such as, gift certificates (for food, gasoline, office supplies and hardware), clothing, new toys, household items, etc. Mail or drop off your donations at 320 East Market Street for all program.
- Donate now using our secure online contribution form.
- Donate with recurring billing monthly through your bank account or credit card. Click here to download form.
- Donate by phone - Call 717-845-2631 to make a gift using Visa, MasterCard, or American Express.
- Donate by mail - Send a check to: YWCA - Development Department, 320 East Market Street, York, PA 17403. Click here to download form.
- Donate securities - A popular alternative to cash is a gift of publicly-traded securities.
- Make a bequest - Gifts made through a will continue a legacy of giving in the years ahead.
- Host a fundraiser - Support YWCA York with your own event of fundraiser. Click here for third-party fundraising guidelines. Click here for tracking forms. Or call us if you need more information on how to raise funds for YWCA York.
We rely on volunteers who can give of their time for a day, a week or make a long term investment with YWCA York.
Are you looking for a way to get involved in your community? Do you share our passion for empowering women & girls; helping end domestic and sexual violence; working to bring about racial justice in our community? Then volunteering at YWCA York just might be where you belong. Complete a volunteer form today!
Volunteers are a vital part of our work, and are active in many facets of our programs. Opportunities range from a few hours of office work or building maintenance, to a longer-term commitment of staffing a few shifts per month answering the domestic violence hotline or responding in person to calls at the emergency room for victims of sexual violence.
We have three main categories of volunteers:
· Special Events Volunteers: To help with our signature fundraising events like Race Against Racism and Walk A Mile In Her Shoes.
· Victim Services Volunteers: Specially trained volunteers who work directly with victims of abuse, including children, on a long time basis.*
· General Volunteers: Willing to help out where needed, such as, helping file documents, clear trails at camp, take photographs, etc.
Whether you have a few hours or a few days, we appreciate your interest and look forward to working with you. Please complete a volunteer form today to start the process of volunteering with the YWCA! Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 320 East Market Street, York, Pa 17403.
*For YWCA York’s ACCESS York and the Victim Assistance Center (VAC), Victim Services Volunteers work directly with victims and their children. Thus, volunteers are required to undergo criminal and child abuse background checks, as well as comprehensive training to become qualified counselors/advocates.