e following are important tips to remember if you feel you are being abused by your partner:
- You are not to blame for being beaten, abused, or assaulted.
- You have control over your life.
- You deserve to be treated with respect.
- You are not alone. You can ask others for help.
- You deserve to have a safe and healthy life.
- Domestic violence and sexual violence are crimes.
If you are abused or assaulted, you can:
- Call the police - 911.
- Seek medical attention.
- Call 717.846.5400, 717.637.2235, or toll free at 1.800.262.8444 for safe shelter or counseling.
- Participate in support groups or seek individual counseling.
- Explore the possibility of filing for a Protection from Abuse Order or criminal charges.
For additional resources, including websites and phone numbers, please visit our Resources page.